I don't want to be completely out of the blogosphere, so I just put together a little list of what's going on lately.
- On a whim, I got my ears pierced today -- my third holes on each side. It was traumatic as I have NO pain tolerance. (Yes, I gave birth to a child, but that doesn't mean anything. Pain is pain and I don't like it. So there.) The girl who pierced them messed up on one side, too, so she had to take the earring out and re-pierce it. She said I flinched and made her mess up. Whatever. Isn't she the professional? (Okay... I probably flinched.)
- I ended up sending back a ton of stuff I ordered from Old Navy. The yellow plaid shirt that I loved in the picture made me look like a farmer, and the color was duller than I would have liked. The olive puffy vest sold out before I could get one. And I have yet to purchase the gray leggings. Still waiting for them to get cheaper.
- I did a mini-closet clean out of my pants that was desperately overdue. It was taking me three times as long to get dressed in the morning because it kept feeling like nothing fit me. Lordy, lordy... I couldn't believe that so many of my pants don't fit anymore. I seriously put at least 12 pairs in a giveaway bag. I mean, I've gained some weight over the past year, but not too much. Gravity is starting to take its toll on my body, though, and after having a child, things have shifted into weird places. (And, if we're really being honest here, some of the pants I had were still from high school. I told you the cleanout was overdue!) Anyway, as a reward, I bought myself a new pair of (affordable!) jeans -- dark wash DENIZEN brand jeans from Target a few weeks ago...
These to be exact: http://www.target.com/p/denizen-women-s-essential-stretch-bootcut-jean-limo/-/A-14533377
The picture doesn't do them justice. They look way better on... trust me. The stretch in them is A-MAZ-ING. They are super comfy. I highly recommend. I also sized up on them. I don't know if it's because I've gained weight or if they run small (or both). Just FYI.
- I am enjoying this season of The Voice and Dancing with the Stars. The Voice has so many awesome singers this year. I don't even know who I'm rooting for yet. And DWTS is addictive. I like Bindi Irwin and Nick Carter best right now. But I am liking the pros more and more every season. Derek, Val, and Mark are my favs. Derek is just adorable, Val cracks me up, and Mark's routines are creative and edgy.
- School is exhausting. The kids are getting a little too comfortable now that it's October -- in their classrooms, in the hallways, in the cafeteria, in the library. Wow. Just wow. I am ready for Thanksgiving break, but I hate to wish the time away.
- Speaking of time, I love this time of year. Fall is always my favorite. I love burning my pumpkin candles and wearing scarves and boots and sipping an extra cup of coffee to warm up in the mornings and looking out the window at the beautiful changes in nature.
(source)Here's to a great week!