Brunette

Brunette

Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

First Post

When I told my husband that my “inner writer” has always wanted to start a blog, he asked me why I never did.

“I don’t know,” I said.  “I’m busy.”

“So you make time.  People find time for things they want to do.  Just stop thinking about it and do it,” he said.

Okay.  Just do it.  He’s right.

So a few days of brainstorming happened, and here is my very, very humble beginning.  It's nothing special (yet), but I'm working on it.  I'm definitely a newbie in terms of all this, so bear with me for now!

So why blog?  Why me?  Why now?

Well, this past year was a rough one for me – so many changes unexpectedly – and my reaction was far from what I ever imagined.  I have always wanted to be one of those women who seems to have her life so together (you know, the "Latte Moms"), but I’m starting to realize that it isn’t possible – at least not for me.  There is always so much to do and there is always so little time.  I can’t be everything to everyone all the time, and I can’t be that person who is on top of everything and stay sane.  I just can’t.

So I want this blog to be about real life.  I want it to be a space where I can vent and babble and record both the big and little happenings of life – you know, all of those moments that affect us and change us and make us who we really are.  I want this to be a space to document my everyday life with my husband, son, and dog - my true loves.  I want it to be a space where I can reflect and consider and think outside the box about so many topics that seem so stuck in the box.

For now, I will be keeping this blog fairly anonymous for privacy reasons.  I will refer to my husband as J., my son as D., and my dog as C.  Perhaps it will become a bit more personal in the future, but - at least for now - anonymous seems like the best way to go.

If it's easier, you can choose to have my posts delivered directly to your email inbox by filling in your email address in the box on the top right of the home page.

I hope you'll join me on this journey that will surely have lots of twists and turns, ups and downs, and a bit of soul-searching.  It'll be fun.

Oh, and I'd love to hear from you, too - so please don't hesitate to leave a comment while you're here.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment