Brunette

Brunette

Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Life Lately - April 2015

With a five-year-old boy, there's a lot of playing that goes on at our house.  A LOT.  Between Ninja Turtles, Ninjago, Star Wars, trucks, Legos, puzzles, and coloring, there isn't much down time around here.
I swear my son has OCD tendencies with his toys.  If his trucks aren't in a specific alignment, he freaks out.  He'll ask us to play with him, and - if we grab one - he yells at us to "put it back in line."  I don't understand.
 
Now, you may think from this next picture that I'm completely wrong about the OCD thing.  I'm not.  Trust me.  Although this may look like just a big ol' pile of Ninja Turtles, there is a system in place here, people.  If you grab one - BEWARE.  Our little guy has a conniption because he sets up this pile JUST SO.  He places each one in a certain spot based on who they are and what their weapons are.  
Now on to Ninjagos.  Truth be told - a few weeks ago I had no idea what Ninjagos were... but apparently they're "all the rage" with preschoolers.  There's a show and everything.  (By the way, I can put up with a lot of kids' TV shows, but not Ninjago.  It's pretty bad.)
 
Our son D. knows all of their crazy names, what they do, who they interact with, what they say, how they move, etc.  He talks about them non-stop... ALL... DAY... LONG... like they are real people.  He gives us a play-by-play of each episode.  I pretend to listen and care.  (I assume that's what my husband does to me most of the time.)
Here is D. watching over his toys.  I love that his undies are sticking out from the back of his pants.  He's my little cutie patootie.
And here's our dog C.  He's been a little down since he lost his best buddy this past weekend.  But he likes to keep D. company when he plays.  It's the sweetest thing.
Otherwise, we're looking forward to getting outside over the next few days.  It's finally supposed to be a little warmer.  Thank goodness!  We've really been enjoying our local playgrounds when the weather allows it.
 
D. has his kindergarten "test" tomorrow morning since he'll be starting in the fall.  It's basically like an entrance exam to make sure he's ready.
 
I have a feeling he's going to be talking about Ninjagos.


No comments:

Post a Comment