This'll be a quick post because our "to do" list is ever-growing and the stuff that was already on there still needs to get done.
Side note: I miss posting as regularly as I used to... I'm hoping once this first month or two of school goes by, I can get back to posting more frequently. Right now, though, we're all just trying to keep our heads above water. It's been a huge transition for us.
* * * * *
Here's what's been happening lately:
1) We all had our first official week of school this past week. We're getting used to super early mornings, packing lunches, and new routines. Our sleeping schedules are all over the place now and we're trying to figure out what works best for us now that we all have such busy, busy days. I'm trying to find time to get some of my school work done, but it doesn't usually happen until my little guy is in bed for the night, and -- by that time -- I'm too exhausted to really focus.
2) We are in the midst of a major family room renovation. The room is torn apart. There are tools strewn all over, half full cans of paint waiting to be emptied, and furniture in odd places to accommodate for the renovations. It's a mess. A big mess.
3) We have a trip coming up soon, so we're trying to prepare for that -- packing, getting lots of laundry done, shopping trips for toiletries and other necessary items, etc. I know I've mentioned this before, but it's hard to get anything done with a super active 5-year-old running around at all times.
4) On Saturday, my son woke up and said his one ear hurt. He had the sniffles the day before, so I assumed he had an earache. After a call and visit to the pediatrician, we came home with antibiotics in hand. Not only did he have an earache, but strep throat as well. And he has no desire to rest to get better. Nope. Go, go, go. I wish I had half of his energy. (This is why I drink coffee!)
5) This week, we have two "Back-to-School" nights, an evening meeting, and two appointments. I hate when we have commitments at night after we get home from school. We are usually all so exhausted. It's going to be another busy week!
* * * * *
That's our life in a nutshell right now. So this is my current goal:
I mean, what else can you do, right?
Have a great week!