I woke up super early this morning to rain, which I didn't expect. I guess we were supposed to get it, but I hadn't heard the weather forecast.
I love rain - - I just find it so relaxing. (I want to live in the Pacific Northwest. I really do. Ah, one day.) So here I am with my cup of coffee, watching QVC and watching the rain out the window before the rest of the family wakes up! I love this quiet time, but it never lasts long. You moms know how that goes. I'm hoping I can drink my entire cup of coffee before this "me time" ends. Otherwise, it'll be like every other day - heating up my coffee about 756 times before actually finishing it. (Does this happen to any of you?)
On a whim, I've decided to do a weekend in review post, highlighting some hits and misses. I had planned on a different post for today, but my husband hogged our computer all weekend to work on his grad classes, so it is what it is.
Here we go...
1) HIT: We had so much fun yesterday at a birthday party for the son of some of our closest friends. It was a beautiful day and our son D. had THE BEST time running around outside with all of the kids. Since he's an only child, he goes crazy any chance he gets to be around other kids. He's in his glory because he is definitely a social butterfly. He's going to be the social director of his kindergarten class. I just know it.
2) MISS: Gone are the days of sunbathing for me. At the birthday party, I felt like an old lady re-applying my sunscreen every so often. And then, what's even worse - I looked down around my ankles and realized I did the worst job ever on my self-tanner. It was really noticeable and I couldn't do anything about it then!
3) HIT: D. has become OBSESSED with Ninjago. Have you heard of it? I hadn't until he told me about it. Apparently it was "all the rage" with the preschoolers this year. It's a cartoon with these little Lego figurines, and it's awful. I'd rather him watch Ninja Turtles. Those shows at least have good characters and interesting storylines! Anyway, D. likes to watch the Ninjago episodes on YouTube, and he came across some videos of these middle-aged men who have walls in their homes dedicated to Ninjago (think The Forty-Year-Old Virgin). They talk about each individual Lego figurine, describe its appearance, tell about the character, etc. It is the most boring thing ever, but he loves watching it. Anyway, yesterday he told me that he wants to make his own video like that. He just woke up as I was writing this and decided to go upstairs to "practice" for his video. I snuck up to listen to him, and it is the cutest thing ever. It melts my heart.
4) MISS: I made trips to the grocery store and Target over the weekend and spent a ridiculous amount of money. I swear, our grocery bills are never less than $150 anymore. And we only have one child. I don't understand. Grapes are $10, milk is $5... it's just nuts. We eat a lot of fresh fruit and veggies, so most of our bill is due to all of the fresh produce, but still. RI-DI-CU-LOUS. Then, at Target, I had to pick up a bunch of toiletries, two birthday gifts, and some snacks from the dry foods section. Our bill was almost as much as the grocery bill! How does this happen?!
5) HIT: I woke up this morning with my dog's nose on my hand. He wanted to be let out and fed, of course. When I opened my eyes, his face was right up against mine, and he was literally "huffing and puffing." He gives me this look like, "Lady, get the hell up and feed me already," and he continues to snort until I get up. But I love him so much and I know I'm going to miss that one day. He's my buddy.
6) MISS: D.'s been going to bed so late the past few nights - we are all so off-schedule. You'd think he'd sleep in a little the next morning. Nope. That kid is always ready to go. He wakes up the way I feel after two cups of coffee. I don't get it. No matter when he goes to bed, he's up early - like clockwork. He is definitely NOT a sleeper.
Okay - I'm off to go videotape my son narrating about his Ninjago guys. (Wow - I never thought I would write that last sentence.)
Thanks for stopping by! Here's to a great week!