Brunette

Brunette

Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Equality and Respect

Have you seen this video of a first-grader who used passive resistance towards a street preacher who was loudly protesting the recent Supreme Court decision regarding gay marriage?

(source: YouTube)

What courage that little one had.  I admire her.

And I love when others come up to high five and fist pump her.  Love wins.

* * * * *

On this Thankful Thursday, I have to say that I am grateful that we live in a country where equality is  valued by so many, and where others have the right to speak their mind.  We have the right to believe what we want, of course - - and I respect others for having their own opinions, even if I don't agree with them - - but I truly hope that people choose love over hate.




What are you thankful for today?

9 comments:

  1. Okay Busy Brunette...I wanted to pop over to your blog and say hi :). You are one of my FAVORITE blog commenters EVER and I thought I'd come say hello! I enjoy your sweet comments each and every day and am so thankful for readers like YOU! Feel free to email me any time to say hi. I love your blog and especially your big heart! Thank you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Shay, you are one of my all-time favorite bloggers EVER and was so excited when I saw I received a comment from you! Thank you, thank you for stopping by! YOU MADE MY DAY! :-)
      BB

      Delete
    2. Oh Busy Brunette- you should hop on over to GOMI and read up on what your sweet idol Shay really thinks of equality. Several of her posts from her discontinued blog were put up over there yesterday. Eye-opening.

      Delete
  2. I don't live in the US but was super excited about such a monumental decision! love is love is love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy time in this country! Equality is so important to me, whether it's gender, race, religion, or in this case, sexual preference! I'm getting married later this year and I'm so excited about that big day so I'm happy that so many couples will now be able to have that option in EVERY state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, Mattie! And congratulations to you! :-)
      BB

      Delete
  4. Hi BB - I'm thankful for so much... such as the freedoms and liberties we have as Americans. And you and your blog are another one (or two) of them. I enjoy your writing and wit, and appreciate the thought and time you put into your work. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! Hope you have a nice weekend, too! :-)
      BB

      Delete