Brunette

Brunette

Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thankful Thursday - 4/30/15

It's "Thankful Thursday" again - a place for good news and inspiring stories. 

This week I'm thankful for our wonderful vet who was so kind in helping us over this past weekend with one of our dogs.  She couldn't have been more compassionate towards us AND him.  She put aside her mommy duties on a Sunday morning (she has three children - one of whom is a baby) to meet us at her office for our struggling pup.  She talked us through exactly what would happen and what we should expect.  She allowed us to grieve and take as much time as we wanted with him before saying our final goodbyes, and she offered comforting words in what was such a disconcerting time.

I am so thankful for people like her - people who give their service to animals and hold their importance to the highest.  Thank you to the vets and the caregivers around the world who help those who sometimes cannot help themselves.  Thank you to the pet owners who love their pets just as much (if not more) than they love people.  Thank you for the opportunity to have loved such a wonderful dog who wouldn't have even made it this far had it not been for our vet and others like her.

People who care for animals are special people.



4 comments:

  1. Those puppy pics just made my day!!! Now I want to go home and love on my pup!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to your dog. I know the feelings - I have lost four since 1999. Physically that is. They will live in my heart forever. One friend told me that the pain in your heart or stomach is your spirit dog wagging his or her tail. Sending you prayers during this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words. I love what your friend told you - I will remember that!! I'm sorry you've felt this pain, too... I just wish our dogs could live as long as we did. I keep reminding myself that all we can do is give them the best quality of life during their years here on earth.
      Thanks again!

      Delete