Today's Fallon Friday clip features one of his hashtags - #MyFamilyIsWeird. I could probably do an entire blog about that topic...but the tweets Jimmy shares assures me that I'm not the only one with a weird family.
In the spirit of sharing some weirdness, here's a quick smattering of a few of my husband's idiosyncrasies (I got his permission before putting these out there, albeit with some reservation).
I mean, did you really think I was going to share ALL of mine? I've already shared some things about me. It's his turn.
And here we go...
1) My husband's beard is now growing horizontally out from his face and the hair on his head is disgustingly long. He normally is clean shaven with a very short, military-like haircut, but he's decided to let his hair grow because it somehow makes him feel like he is the "Alone in the Wilderness" guy from PBS who lived in Alaska by himself for 33 years. He thinks that if he can't have the cabin in Alaska, he's living vicariously by having the "mountain man" beard. But here's the thing...the guy from "Alone in the Wilderness" didn't have a beard. Go figure.
2) Whenever he comes home from golfing and he's feeling "pretty good," he feels the need to give me the play-by-play of all 18 holes. Shot by shot. And then he gets offended when I tell him that I love him but I don't care.
3) Remember when I told you how much I hate bellybuttons? Well, my husband's belly button is THE WORST. It's never-ending. It's like a black hole. He doesn't have a big belly; it's just some weird phenomenon that it could be so deep. Like, you can't even see the end of it. I'm dead serious.
4) He feels the need to poke or jab me every time he walks by me. And not in a romantic, I-love-you kind of way. Like in a I-want-to-annoy-you-as-much-as-possible kind of way. And he's taught this to my son, so now I get double the fun.
5) He's starting to get ear hair in his old[er] age...and it enamors me.
6) He has the roundest toes in the world, and he has passed along that trait to our son. Awesome.
7) I swear he has some sort of internal alarm system that alerts him whenever I've just cleaned the bathroom because that's when he decides it's time to shave and get hair all over the bathroom sink, counter, floor...everywhere.
8) Whenever we're getting ready for bed, he can't just change and get into bed like a normal person. No, he has to start a pillow fight, roll up his dirty socks and throw them at me, or hide his dirty underwear under my pillow for me to find.
9) Why is it that he never puts a new garbage bag in the garbage can after he takes out the garbage? He doesn't see those tasks as a chore that goes together, for some reason, and inevitably I go to throw out something gross or liquid-y and make a big ol' mess in the bottom of the can. It never fails.
10) Last, but certainly not least, he has a farting problem. (Don't most men?) It's like as soon as we get in the car, it is fart city. And then he puts the window lock on so I can't breathe in any fresh air. What the heck?!?! It's seriously so disgusting.
Well, I don't really know what to say now, so - without further ado - here's your dose of Fallon this Friday.
Enjoy and see you back here on Monday!