Black yoga pants and activewear tops from Old Navy with my black Skechers GoWalks
Yes, my hair is a hot mess. I'm aware. This is not one of my finest moments.
Jeans, T-shirt, and black University of Maryland zip-up
That's it. Yup. Is that pathetic or what? I know. I'm not impressed, either.
These pics have made me realize not just what a terrible effort I made this week, but also that I am awful at taking pictures of my own outfits. And that there's nothing at all exciting about what I wore! And that I forgot to take more pictures this week. I'm sorry. (I give myself a D- for my WIWW work for this week. I mean, I got a few pictures, so I don't deserve an F, but it doesn't deserve much more.)
I'll try to improve on today's post by moving on to another (hopefully more popular) topic.
How many of you are watching "The Bachelorette" this season? Well, if you aren't, you're probably better off because you will have a lot more free time on your hands. I swear... every season requires more of an effort from viewers. (I know it's my own fault for watching, but, don't worry, I'll still complain. Because that's just how I roll.) ABC just keeps adding more and more each season and it's truly become a hard core commitment. Thank God for TiVo or there's just no way I could keep up.
(Don't read ahead if you haven't watched yet! Spoiler alert!)
1) When they did the intros to some of the guys, one in particular struck me: Tony... aka "the healer." He spends a lot of time meditating. He calls his plants "babies" and kisses them before he leaves. Weird. And then he gives the same speech to each woman upon meeting them. Weird. And then he got a rose! Also weird.
2) But then you have Jared who calls himself "love man." He is convinced he is the next superhero. He poses like Superman in his "love shirt." Even more weird.
3) And then there's the stripper who ABC first made seem like a fireman. You know, until he started taking his fireman clothes off and rubbing up against women for dollar bills. No, thank you. Just...no.
4) After the rest of the intros of the guys (shirtless intros, of course, or this wouldn't be "The Bachelorette"), Britt and Kaitlyn come out of their own personal limos (must be nice). Kaitlyn is full of nerves, and Britt says she's excited and ready. The juxtaposition between the two women is obvious and uncomfortable. I love it. (And I love the word "juxtaposition.") The men are stuck in a position where they have to decide which woman to approach first. Some beeline to Kaitlyn while others book it to Britt. You can just feel the tension between the women. Even when Chris Harrison was speaking to them, you can tell they don't like each other. Awwwkkkkk-ward (picture me singing that in an Oprah-esque way).
5) Um, drunk Ryan. Enough said.
6) In case you were wondering, I'm team Kaitlyn... but only by default. Yes, Kaitlyn can be a bit blunt and rough around the edges sometimes (okay - most of the time), but I don't really care for Britt. And in the previews of the rest of the season, ABC makes it look like Kaitlyn is, ahem, "with" one of the guys and then turns into a sobbing mess over it. Good stuff.
7) I like that Shawn guy that Kaitlyn gives her first impression rose to - you know, the one that's sort
of Ryan Gosling-ish if Ryan Gosling was a caricature? He seems the most normal. For now.
I have to admit - I always go online and search for spoilers. So I have a slight idea about what may happen this season. I won't spill what I read for two reasons: 1) you may not want to know anything, and 2) it may not be correct!
That's all I have time for today. We're headed out to an amusement park, so it's off to finish my coffee, get dressed, and pack up the sunscreen! See you back here tomorrow (I hope!) for "Thankful Thursday."
Thanks for stopping by!