15 Little Known Facts About Me
1. I hate, hate, HATE bellybuttons. I don't like to look at them, touch them, talk about them. For some odd reason, they just disgust me. And my son is obsessed with them. Go figure. (He thinks that's where babies come out of, too.)
2. I am completely grossed out by anything to do with mouths and teeth. When my son starts losing his baby teeth, I won't be able to look. I think mouths are germy and wet and gross. I could never be a dental hygienist. Thank God I love my hygienist Wendy or else I'd never make it through my dental appointments. I've been with her for 30 years...seriously. She can never retire.
3. I am super-duper competitive, even when I play Candyland with my son. I know. Terrible.
4. I have become OBSESSED with Candy Crush and Soda Crush. I stay up after midnight some nights trying to beat certain levels. It's either ridiculously addictive, or this goes back to #3 above, or both.
5. I love, love, love QVC. I love to watch it, I love to order, I love the hosts, and I want to work there. My dream job has always been something related to being on TV in some capacity. When I was a little girl, I used to make my dad videotape me hosting different "programs." One week it was a tour of our house, another week it was all about my first two new cassette tapes (Madonna's "Like a Virgin" and Whitney Houston's self-titled debut album). Very exciting, people. And if I wasn't a teacher, I would probably have continued my schooling in broadcast journalism to work as a news anchor (remember my post back HERE about how much I love the news?). To get right down to it, I knew I needed a job where talking was a main requirement... hence teaching!
6. I can't stop watching reality TV shows. My favorites are "The Voice," "The Bachelor/Bachelorette," and "Dancing with the Stars." I have a feeling Rumer Willis is going to win this season of DWTS. Who knows, though?
7. I could live on carbs. Or Ben and Jerry's "Phish Food" ice cream.
8. I have my toes polished almost all year round. My feet look like man feet otherwise.
9. Speaking of feet, I've always wanted a foot tattoo. Just something super small. I'm still considering it.
10. I have always wanted to be blonde. Always. I've had dark brown hair all my life, and I'd look atrocious as a blonde with my skin tone/coloring, but I just think blonde hair is so much prettier.
11. If I could switch places with someone for a day, I'd choose Kate Middleton. LOVE her.
12. I've always wanted to sing in a band.
13. I am deathly afraid of heights. And drops. And insects. And flying. And sickness. And death.
14. When my son was about 9 months old, he was sick and our doctor told us we'd have to give him his prescription medication via suppository. And by "we" I mean "me" because my husband wanted no part of it. So I put on my big girl pants and got the job done. I will never forget the moment when the suppository just, uh, "disappeared." That'll be a good story to tell his wife one day.
15. I really, really want a British accent. I think the British always sound so sophisticated and educated, even if they are talking about nothing.
So what are some things about you that most people might not know? I'd love for you to share! Leave a comment below with one of them - they'll be fun to read. (Oh, and if you don't know how/where to comment, you can't do it directly from my post if it gets emailed to you. You have to go to my actual web page, http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com/, and scroll to the end of the post. You'll see a spot at the end that says "No comments" or "2 comments" or whatever. Click on that and it'll allow you to join the conversation!)
Stay tuned for Part 2 of these little known facts about me... coming at some point! Tomorrow, though, I'll be sharing some more random stuff, including what we've been up to lately, some beauty product updates (night cream and whitening toothpaste), and a new beauty product review from my Aunt Deb. See you then!